Dr. Sanchis graduated in Medicine from the University of Valencia in 1982 and obtained his doctorate from the same university in 1987. He began teaching at the University of Valencia and became an Associate Professor at the Department of Medicine in 2009 and a permanent Senior Professor of Medicine in 2012. He is now the head of the Cardiology Department at the Hospital Clínico Universitario in Valencia.
He is member of the INCLIVA Foundation Clinical Cardiology Research Group and has participated in more than 40 research projects, published more than 292 articles in very prestigious journals, edited 4 books, and directed 8 doctoral theses.
Likewise, he frequently collaborates with the Ministry of Health and Consumer Affairs, with the Generalitat Valenciana (Valencian regional government) Health Department and with the National Evaluation and Foresight Agency (ANEP; Agencia Nacional de Evaluación y Prospectiva) at the Ministry of Economy.
Among other awards he has received, he was recognized by the Generalitat Valenciana for Research Excellence and he has been an Associate Editor at the Spanish Journal of Cardiology (Revista Española de Cardiología) since 2009.
• Finalize the recruitment period of the randomized CHANCE-HF study.
• Increase the participation of heart failure and ischemic cardiopathy patients in clinical trials.
• Exploit the ‘acute cardiac insufficiency’ database.
• Finalize recruitment to the 2014 MOSCA clinical trial.
• Exploit the ‘acute coronary syndrome related to high troponin sensitivity’ database.
• Exploit the ‘acute coronary syndrome fragility’ database.
• Begin a new project related to thrombus aspiration in acute myocardial infarction primary angioplasty.