The CEIm (Ethics Committee for Research with Medicinal products) of the HCUV is in charge of methodological, ethical and legal assessment of clinical trials, observational studies and research projects.
Its scope of action as the CEIm of the University Clinical Hospital of Valencia, as set forth in RD1090/2015, article 17.2.a, covers clinical studies with medicines at the national level.
As the Research Ethics Committee (CEI) of the University Clinical Hospital of Valencia, its scope of action is the Valencia-Malvarrosa Clinic Department of Health, which includes the following Centres:
- University Clinical Hospital of Valencia
- Malvarrosa Hospital
The following centres are also under the umbrella of the University Clinical Hospital of Valencia CEI:
- University of Valencia
- Any centre/ promoter that applies to be regulated by our committee, contingent upon committee approval of the request.
- Methodological, ethical and legal assessment of all referred clinical studies in accordance with the provisions of Royal Decree 1090/2015 of 4 December and other legislation in force.
- Evaluate any significant modifications to authorized clinical studies.
- Monitor authorized studies from start-up to final report.
The CEIm of the Hospital Clínico Universitario de Valencia has been ISO 9001 certified since 2016, with the latest certification by AENOR in 2022.
Dr. Marisa Luisa Calabuig
Dr. Esteban Morcillo
Technical Secretariat of the Committee
Dr. Manuel Alós
Telephone: 96 197 39 76
Avenid Blasco Ibáñez 17
Avenida Menéndez Pelayo, 4 acc